Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Candid Conversation: Brain and Heart





Lazy night, not boring in particular, but extremely slow. It's 3.38 a.m. as I type and usually by the lull that I'm currently observing with no one on facebook chatting up, hardly 30-40 people online, the air conditioner cold enough to give me "chillys", pretty relaxed about the work (Currently making the Background guide for a Security Council I'm Vice Chairing, discussing Cuban Missile Crisis) and pretty much not sleepy, I'd safely assume it's 4.30 a.m. or more in the morning, but apparently! Ah well, I can't complain ... so I figured, I'd finish this piece that I had started earlier. Anyway, do read on, comment, like, and share on facebook. :)


Oh Brain! Baby it happened again,
I guess I should've listened to you.
But I promise you it's for the last time,
Hold on to my words for they're true!

Here you come running again,
Burned, bruised and hurting in pain.
What happened to all those last times,
that you had promised again and again?

For I was a fool, I couldn't understand
What you meant was only for my good!
But then I couldn't control myself
That feeling took over my mood.

I told you from the beginning,
you'd only lose your heart!
But of course what do I know of love?
You questioned my knowledge from the start!

Oh forgive me brain,
I was lost in the heat of the moment.
Once bitten twice shy,
It won't happen again and you know it!

Really heart, really?
Because I believe twice has a limited impression!
You've been bitten more and shameless time and again
For you don't learn your lesson!

But this time I really thought,
that I could make it work.
That she was the one I was looking for,
and this could be a brand new start. 

But that's how you feel everytime,
How does it change anything?
I told you not to fall for her,
And you went for the fling!

Ah! What do I tell you now,
she had the looks of an angel!
When she spoke my heart would melt,
and no longer could we be strangers!

Dear lord! She was nice, I never denied that,
but so was you guys' temper.
On and on you guys would fight,
And then that feeling became fainter!

I couldn't see, I couldn't tell
I just wanted to make it work out.
I thought we had one last shot,
And I traveled far too long in that route!

Oh I know darling, I know you tried,
to make it work and be happy!
But if happiness is not what you breathe,
Relationships can be a little tricky!

She made me smile, she made happy,
And I caused her so much pain!
But in the end it wasn't for us,
It was her as a friend, or all in vain!

For a change, you thought with "me",
and look where it took you!
You both might be hurt and in agony,
But I know it's not short of a Thank You!

Probably you're right, I should've listened
But I guess I just wasn't in the position.
But I know now what it is like,
Next time I'll have better reasons!

Oh like you mean those words, 
Of the ones that you say!
I wish you truly knew what it meant,
So listen to me, If I may?

Oh dear brain, forgive me,
I chose to be curious,
I can travel unseen roads with my sight
but think only with your sights of obvious!

Oh we'll remember her,
for she's such a fond title!
But don't ache like that because it's over,
Being strong right now is vital!

You're right, I'll make my peace,
I'll start a brand new chapter!
Never again shall I fall in love,
And foretell my happily ever after!

I know I will hear it again,
your stories of blushes and freed dove!
But come here let me clean you till then,
And stop you from bleeding love! 

5 comments:

Faazil said...

Dude! you write awesome!

Faazil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nirjhar Bhattacharya said...

@Faazil Hasan: Thank you so much. Honestly, I just try ... it aint nothing that great. :) . But do keep coming back, and kindly share on Facebook. :)


Regards. :)

Confused Soul said...

And you've suddenly been trending on my blogger homepage.. I wonder why :P ..

But yes thank god for that or I would've missed this post.. Love the dual convo happening here and this was nice. Good job mate :)

Nirjhar Bhattacharya said...

@Confused Soul: Thank you yet again. I'm really starting to enjoy all the attention you give me, haha! But no, in all honesty ... it's great to have you back time and again to give constructive criticism and positive outlook towards my write ups. :)

Keep reading. ^_^